Splunk Search

is there an official list of Splunk error codes?

dhaffner
Path Finder

It would be very helpful to have a documented list of error codes.
Does anyone know of such a thing? Even if there is an unofficial list out there for now, it would be appreciated, and very helpful for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

dhaffner
Path Finder
It's a shame that there is no list. Even if it is a fragmented one from different departments. Something that should be looked into

View solution in original post

dhaffner
Path Finder
It's a shame that there is no list. Even if it is a fragmented one from different departments. Something that should be looked into

dhaffner
Path Finder

It's a shame that there is no list. Even if it is a fragmented one from different departments. Something that should be looked into.

0 Karma

keiche
Explorer

I have not seen an official or unofficial list of Splunk error codes. Whenever I receive error codes in Splunk I copy them and search it in google. Usually, there are other users who have similar errors and can help identify and correct the issue.

0 Karma

msettipane
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Which error codes are you looking for, when a page loads incorrectly, when a search throws an error?

0 Karma

dhaffner
Path Finder

any and all error codes. There have been various over time and it would be nice to be able to refer to a master list so we know where to begin troubleshooting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...