Splunk Search

Sum of duration problem

moinyuso96
Path Finder

I created some of the columns using regex. So all of the codes for the regex needs to be included. I would like to find the total duration based on StationName.

StationName          Duration

ABC123                        100

ABC123                        200

ABC456                         50

When I pasted this query at the end of my codes, it only shows the StationName but the sum of Duration column is empty. How can I get the sum of duration based on StationName?

| stats sum(Duration) by StationName

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post your regex that creates Duration - it's probably because the Duration contains non numeric data and your Duration field is not a number

Try this before stats - this will make Duration a number if it has leading/trailing spaces.

| eval Duration=tonumber(trim(Duration))

View solution in original post

moinyuso96
Path Finder

Hi @bowesmana , thank you for your reply. This method works for me.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you post your regex that creates Duration - it's probably because the Duration contains non numeric data and your Duration field is not a number

Try this before stats - this will make Duration a number if it has leading/trailing spaces.

| eval Duration=tonumber(trim(Duration))

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...