Splunk Search

Search that includes two following events, a call and then the response in the log

EspenLysvik
Explorer

How do I make a search that includes to events. The first event is a 'CALL' with parameters and the second event is the response.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

EspenLysvik
Explorer

This helped me to find a solution, thank you for your contribution.

index="*" CommonStoredProcedureCallback | transaction startswith="INN-SPORSMAAL-SVAR" maxevents=2 | search "status: F"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

EspenLysvik
Explorer

2022-02-15 11:36:22,486 SQL [http-nnnnnn] [CommonStoredProcedureCallback] [X-CID:yyyyyyyyyyyDb2Connector] CALL PROD.STOREDPROCEDURE (XXXX, YYYYYYY,
2022-02-15 11:36:22,486 INFO [http-nnnnnn] [CommonStoredProcedureCallback] <no.xxxxxxxxx.yyyyy.xx.db.xxxxCallback@12d32496.doInCallableStatement>: status: F

I want both these two as part of the search, the call and the callback.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @EspenLysvik,

if you don't have any ID to group events and events are one after one, you could try something like this:

index=your_index CommonStoredProcedureCallback
| transaction startswith="CALL" maxevents=2
| table _time duration ...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

EspenLysvik
Explorer

This helped me to find a solution, thank you for your contribution.

index="*" CommonStoredProcedureCallback | transaction startswith="INN-SPORSMAAL-SVAR" maxevents=2 | search "status: F"

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @EspenLysvik,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

EspenLysvik
Explorer

I want the CALL and the "status: F" to be a part of the search.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @EspenLysvik,

is there an id or a code to use to group events?

could you share some sample of events.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...