Splunk Search

Metadata Command Alerting

ryangibson99
Explorer

Here's my command:

| metadata type=hosts index= | sort lastTime | convert ctime(lastTime) as Latest_Time | sort -lastTime | table host,Latest_Time

Now, I know that this might not be the most efficient command in the world, but I'm sort of a n00b. What I am now attempting to do from this is take resulting hosts who's "Latest_Time" > 24 hrs and alert on those hosts.

If you're wondering why I sorted twice, for some reason the way I built the command, it wasn't sorting properly, when I sorted again, it worked. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Alert whenever this yields something:

| metadata type=hosts index=main | where relative_time(now(), "-1d") > lastTime | convert ctime(lastTime) as Latest_Time | sort -lastTime | table host,Latest_Time
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...