Splunk Search

How to review how many servers a user logged into within a specific time period

rcastello
Explorer

Hello,

How can I compile a stats list of what servers a user account has logged into within a specific time period? I was surprised I couldn't find a similar answer that solved this.

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rcastello,
try something like this (for Windows Operative Systems):

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624
| stats values(host) AS host count BY Account_name

in this way you have a list of hosts for each user.

If instead you want to search a specific account, you could run something like this

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 Account_name="xxxxxxxx"
| stats count BY host

that you can insert in a dashboard.

In both cases, check the name of the field Account_name because it could be different in your Windows (e.g. in Italy is frequently Nome_account).

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rcastello,
try something like this (for Windows Operative Systems):

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624
| stats values(host) AS host count BY Account_name

in this way you have a list of hosts for each user.

If instead you want to search a specific account, you could run something like this

index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 Account_name="xxxxxxxx"
| stats count BY host

that you can insert in a dashboard.

In both cases, check the name of the field Account_name because it could be different in your Windows (e.g. in Italy is frequently Nome_account).

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...