Splunk Search

How to get the peak total memory usage splitt by day

ajromero
Path Finder

Hi,

How can I make this search to display the peak by day

index=* sourcetype=Perfmon:Memory host=* |timechart span=7d | stats sparkline(avg(windows_mem_free)) as Trend avg(windows_mem_free) as Average, max(windows_mem_free) as Peak , latest(windows_mem_free) as Current, latest(_time) as "Last Updated" by host | convert ctime("Last Updated") | eval Peak=round((Peak)/1000,2) | eval Current=round((Current)/1000,2) | eval Average=round((Average)/1000,2)

Thank you,

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ajromero
Path Finder

that worked but now I'm trying to convert the result to gigabytes

I tried this but it doesn't do it

| timechart span=1d max(windows_mem_free) as Peak by host |eval Peak=round((Peak/1024/1024/1024),2)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ajromero
Path Finder

that worked but now I'm trying to convert the result to gigabytes

I tried this but it doesn't do it

| timechart span=1d max(windows_mem_free) as Peak by host |eval Peak=round((Peak/1024/1024/1024),2)

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That search is not a valid search as the timechart has no aggregations

If you want to show peak of windows_mem_free by day, just do

index=* sourcetype=Perfmon:Memory host=*
| timechart span=1d max(windows_mem_free) as Peak by host 

if you want to show it by host

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...