Splunk Search

How to extract more number of strings under the same field name?

Madhan45
Path Finder

my event is - "common.exceptions.CommandFailedAtServerException:
concurrent.ExecutionException:
common.SocketPoolException: Unable to connect socket ... 3 lines omitted: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused ... 8 lines omitted ... common.exceptions.CommandFailedException: "

i want to extract strings "CommandFailedAtServerException, ExecutionException, SocketPoolException java.net.ConnectException CommandFailedException" from the above event under the single filed?

How can i do that?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| rex max_match=0 "(?im).*?(?<Exceptions>[\S]*Exception[\S]*)"

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| rex max_match=0 "(?im).*?(?<Exceptions>[\S]*Exception[\S]*)"

Madhan45
Path Finder

And one more question. I have two source files and they are containing following fields
1.source=Order, fields= Key,Name,Product,Price
2.source=Delivery, fields=Key,Shipdat,delivery location,price,

The data which comes under "Delivery" should fall under "delivered" category for that i have used this join query ""source="Delivery.csv"| eval status="Delivered"|join Key [source=order.csv|]"" and i got the result.

So how to use the join query for the category "Not delivered"

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

source="Delivery.csv" OR source="order.csv" | stats values(*) AS * BY Key | where isnull(delivery)

If that doesn't do it, ask a new question in the forum.

0 Karma

Madhan45
Path Finder

Hi woodcock.. thats really great... could u explain me the logic?

0 Karma

Madhan45
Path Finder

great.. thanks a ton

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The rex command takes the _raw field and applies the RegEx to it as many times as possible (max_match=0). The i is for ignore case and the m is for multiline. we skip as few characters as possible to get to non-whitespace characters that end with "Exception" followed by as many non-whitespace characters as possible (this creates the whitespace boundaries) and we call that captured string Exceptions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...