Splunk Search

How to display number of search results as single value?

SimonSchoppel
Explorer

I want to display the number of sent data in certain time in the dashboard. I think the best way is with "Single Value".
How can I display the number of search results of a search in the dashboard?

For example my search ("message.additionalInfo.attributes.properties.receiver-market-partner-id"=12345678) finds 1500 events. How can I display the 1500 in the dashboard as a single value?

Thanks a lot!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SimonSchoppel,

you have to create a search with a "stats count" statement  at the end, something like this:

<your_search>
| stats count

In this way, you have as result a single number to display in a Single Value panel.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SimonSchoppel,

you have to create a search with a "stats count" statement  at the end, something like this:

<your_search>
| stats count

In this way, you have as result a single number to display in a Single Value panel.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

SimonSchoppel
Explorer

Thank you!!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SimonSchoppel,

good for you, see next time!

Please accept one answer for the other people of Community

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...