Splunk Search

Help with an eval statement?

svemurilv
Path Finder

I am trying to build a base search for the field message.device.category , it has 3 values: desktop , mobile and tablet.

Using eval I am trying to divide the field with separate values.

search | eval MobileUsers=if("message.device.category" == "Mobile", "Mobile",NULL) |eval DesktopUsers=if("message.device.category" == "Desktop", "Desktop",NULL) |eval tabUsers=if("message.device.category" == "Tablet", "Tablet",NULL) |event stats count(DesktopUsers) ,count (MobileUsers) ,count(tabUsers)

its not returning any values in the counts.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sbbadri
Motivator

@svemurilv

try this,

your search here | eval result_users = case("message.device.category" == "Mobile", "Mobile","message.device.category" == "Desktop", "Desktop","message.device.category" == "Tablet", "Tablet") | stats count by result_users

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sbbadri
Motivator

@svemurilv

try this,

your search here | eval result_users = case("message.device.category" == "Mobile", "Mobile","message.device.category" == "Desktop", "Desktop","message.device.category" == "Tablet", "Tablet") | stats count by result_users

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

I can see that you have written eventstats as "event stats" and a space between the count and the (Mobile...).. im guessing thats formatting on this page?

Is the search returning anything without the eventstats section?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...