Splunk Search

External data fetch w/curl (REST)

strangelaw
Explorer

I need to fetch some external data from various sources. WIth curl on command line this is relatively simple to do against server REST APIs. How I can do this in most simplified way (e.g. curl -get http://url/api/stats) along with Splunk search (or saved search/type)?

I have tried to put script under /script and run it via web - does not bring any data to designated index.

SO - I am stuck in here. Very simple instructions please w/this one.

1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Use the Splunk REST API Modular Input

strangelaw
Explorer

Dear Sir Damien; this works...PERFECTLY 🙂 - the json extractor is like fluid. Thanks!

0 Karma

strangelaw
Explorer

And by the way - if python is the only way; just show me example details w/example script. There's lots of those examples w/querying Splunk with Python - and I am not trying to do that; opposite - from outside server to Index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...