Splunk Search

Error and Warning Count by Hour or date or timestamp

satyajit2007
Explorer

I have my spark logs in Splunk . 

I have got 2 Spark  streaming jobs running .It will have different logs ( INFO, WARN, ERROR etc) .

I want to create a dashboard for the error Count  by hour or any better way ( suggest please)

index=myindex AND (sourcetype=sparkjob1 OR sourcetype=sparkjob2 ) | stats count as total_logs count(eval(level="INFO")) as total_errors</query>

Please also advise if you have any better suggestion with useful dashboard. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=myindex (sourcetype=sparkjob1 OR sourcetype=sparkjob2 )  | timechart count as total_logs count(eval(level="ERROR")) as total_errors span=1h
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=myindex (sourcetype=sparkjob1 OR sourcetype=sparkjob2 )  | timechart count as total_logs count(eval(level="ERROR")) as total_errors span=1h
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

satyajit2007
Explorer

thank you a lot .

1) As i have 2 applications Source types, do i need to make separate graphs? Can i do something by which i can identify those error/Info/warn belongs to which Job ?

2) Also If i need to do to add some texts like error, failed, exceptions to the ERROR bucket in the above example?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...