Splunk Search

Dropdown populated by search ok, now how to set a token based on an alternate field

dural_yyz
Communicator
<input type="dropdown" token="tok_choice" searchWhenChanged="true">
<fieldForLabel>host</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>host</fieldForValue>
<search>
<query> ... | stats dc(field2) as field2number by host </query>
</search>
<change>
<condition match=" like($tok_choice$,&quot;%&quot;) ">
<set token="show_another_panel">show</set>
<set token="another_result"> $result.field2number$ </set>
</condition>
</change>
</input>

The token for 'show_another_panel' is working just fine but the other token is treating the whole $result.field2number$ as full text including the $.  The drop down is working as expected with fieldForLabel and fieldForValue.

I have tried the following.

<done>
<set token="another_result"> $result.field2number$ </set>
</done>

This sets the token to the field2number first row.  The value does not update to the row based upon selecting a new host.

When selecting a new host, I want the token to update to the corresponding value of the alternate row.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Karma

_JP
Contributor

Within the change tag have you tried to reference the $label$ or $value$ from the dynamic search using these tokens?

<set token="show_another_panel">$label$</set>
          <set token="another_result">$value$</set>

Here's a basic SimpleXML page with a dynamic dropdown and a couple HTML panels to show the value of the tokens being set:

<form version="1.1">
  <label>Dropdown Test</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="dropdown" token="field1">
      <label>field1</label>
      <fieldForLabel>sourcetype</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>source_dc</fieldForValue>
      <search>
        <query>index=_internal earliest=-6h | stats dc(source) as source_dc by sourcetype</query>
        <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
        <latest>now</latest>
      </search>
      <change>
        <set token="show_another_panel">$label$</set>
        <set token="another_result">$value$</set>
      </change>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>$show_another_panel$</html>
    </panel>
    <panel>
      <html>$another_result$</html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>

Per change (form input)

0 Karma

dural_yyz
Communicator

Not exactly what I was looking for.  I have the Label and Value mapped to field 1 as that is the user friendly value and unique.  I have field 2 which means nothing to my users and is a varied value field.

The Label/Value combo feeds panel_A chart which works very well.  I have panel_B chart which I would like powered from field2 without having to create a second drop down with the same values.  Two for the price of one.

I am going to try and make the Label field a combo of the 2 and then set a token to a regex extraction from $Label which may just work.  But I feel it's janky and cheating.  I am hoping someone will have a much better idea.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...