Splunk Search

Do I need to change the homepath after defining volumes?

thoree
Explorer

Hi,

All my indexes are pointing to sub-directories below the path defined by $SPLUNK_DB. (As configured by default). Now I want to define volumes and use the maxVolumeDataSizeMB to be able to control the disk-usage. If I define path=$SPLUNK_DB as the path for the volumes, do I then need to change the path for the indexes? Or can I leave the indexes unchanged?

0 Karma
1 Solution

sdwilkerson
Contributor

Thoree,

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to leave your individual index definitions unchanged.

Best,

Sean

View solution in original post

sdwilkerson
Contributor

Thoree,

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to leave your individual index definitions unchanged.

Best,

Sean

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...