Splunk Search

Delete DB Connect indexed data

mavidales
Engager

I'm new to Splunk. Most of our logs are in databases. In testing out DB Connect I added some inputs and removed them later. However, the data that was indexed shows up in searches and I'd like to remove that also. Is there a command to do this? I would use splunk remove index <name> but i don't know the name of the index. There doesn't seem to be a command to remove data by source, or I haven't found it. There is other indexed data that I want to leave in place.

So how do I remove the indexes and data for those specific DB Connect inputs that were removed?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mavidales
Engager

Figured it out.

source="<yoursource>" | delete

Didn't know you could run those kinds of commands in the search bit. That's neat! Yay!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mavidales
Engager

Figured it out.

source="<yoursource>" | delete

Didn't know you could run those kinds of commands in the search bit. That's neat! Yay!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note, this does not clear up space but rather mark those events as deleted.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...