Splunk Search

Are transitive lookups supported?

hulahoop
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am looking to take the results of one lookup and use that as input to another lookup for the same data source. Is this possible? In testing with Splunk 4.1 I was not able to get it working, but perhaps I missed something in the config. Here's what I attempted:

[mydatasource]
LOOKUP-ac1 = AreaCodeToCityLookup areacode OUTPUT city
LOOKUP-ac2 = CityToCoordinatesLookup city OUTPUT latitude, longitude

Both lookups are simple CSV lookups.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible because of the way that lookups are evaluated, but Dr. Z or Sorkin might know better.

In any case, I would recommend that the lookups be combined or that you invoke the second lookup in a search.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible because of the way that lookups are evaluated, but Dr. Z or Sorkin might know better.

In any case, I would recommend that the lookups be combined or that you invoke the second lookup in a search.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...