Splunk Dev

Where do we find the libraries of splunkjs like "splunkjs/mvc/searchmanager"

Lovika
Explorer

Where do we find the libraries of splunkjs like "splunkjs/mvc/searchmanager" , "splunkjs/mvc/tableview"
how many libraries are there? and what all methods are defined in those libraries?

Tags (2)

blackmamba

I know this is not becomes obvious immediately, and I ran into the same problem. So I'm documenting it here, hoping that it will help someone.

splunkjs/mvc/searchmanager,
splunkjs/mvc/tableview,

etc

all these libraries come as a part of the following config.js file, located at
splunkjsstack/static/splunkjs/config.js. Don't change the path in the following deps array, in the example. Just the path to the config needs to be changed, according to your folder structure.

deps = [
        "splunkjs/ready!",
        "splunkjs/mvc/searchmanager",
        "splunkjs/mvc/chartview",
        "splunkjs/mvc/eventsviewerview"
    ];

You can find the documentation about these files in config.js itself. Just search for the filename and that will lead you to the implementation. Which has inline documentation.

cheers!

0 Karma

vcgamesii
Explorer

I think you're looking for http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WebFramework but unfortunately it isn't complete or exhaustive.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...