Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Cloud App Vetting Failure -Possible resolutions for check_hotlinking_splunk_web_libraries?

arielpconsolaci
Path Finder

Hi Fellow Splunkers,

Good day. I am currently migrating some applications from On-Prem to Splunk Cloud. From app vetting, would anyone be able to suggest of possible fixes/resolutions for this  check_hotlinking_splunk_web_libraries check?

The errors points to JS files that works well in On-Prem and are in their correct location in packaging an application (appserver/static)

Name: check_hotlinking_splunk_web_libraries
Description: Check that the app files are not importing files directly from the search head.
DetailsEmbed all your app's front-end JS dependencies in the /appserver directory. If you import files from Splunk Web, your app might fail when Splunk Web updates in the future. Bad imports: ['vizapi/SplunkVisualizationBase', 'vizapi/SplunkVisualizationUtils'] File: /tmp/tmp4bxeox7h/splunk_app/appserver/static/visualizations/VUmeter/src/visualization_source.js

Appreciate any help/advise. Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

I even opened a support case with splunk.  They told me to read the development guide.  apparently this error is a mystery to anyone who sees it. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...