Security

How do I change Space in Password with login via LDAP?

g_paternicola
Path Finder

Hi everyone,

I can't login to my Splunk account because I have a space at the beginning of my password. We will login to Splunk via LDAP. Does Splunk have a problem with that or is that a Bug?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

g_paternicola
Path Finder

It works on Splunk 8.2.5..

View solution in original post

0 Karma

g_paternicola
Path Finder

It works on Splunk 8.2.5..

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

IMO, spaces in passwords are a bad idea.  White space is treated as delimiter in many places and having your password cut off in the wrong place will only lead to problems.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

g_paternicola
Path Finder

Hi, I know that, but we have a few Users that have spaces in the password. But this was not my question. Could Splunk deal with spaces in the password? If it should, then we have a bug.. if not then it should be configured in some ways.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...