Monitoring Splunk

Daily Ingest per index for last 7 days

Splunkerninja
Path Finder

Hi , I came across many queries to calculate daily ingest per index for last 7 days but I am not getting the expected results.

Can you please guide me with the query to calculate the daily ingest per index in GB for last 7 days?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunkerninja,

You can use below query;

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log* type="Usage" 
| timechart span=1d eval(round(sum(b)/1024/1024/1024,3)) as GB by idx

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunkerninja,

You can use below query;

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log* type="Usage" 
| timechart span=1d eval(round(sum(b)/1024/1024/1024,3)) as GB by idx

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunkerninja,

do you want to calcuate the icense consuption or the number of events per index and per day?

In the first case see at [Settings > License > License Consuption past 60 days > by Index], or run this:

index=_internal [`set_local_host`] source=*license_usage.log* type="Usage" | eval h=if(len(h)=0 OR isnull(h),"(SQUASHED)",h) | eval s=if(len(s)=0 OR isnull(s),"(SQUASHED)",s) | eval idx=if(len(idx)=0 OR isnull(idx),"(UNKNOWN)",idx) | bin _time span=1d | stats sum(b) as b by _time, pool, s, st, h, idx   | timechart span=1d sum(b) AS volumeB by idx fixedrange=false  | join type=outer _time [search index=_internal [`set_local_host`] source=*license_usage.log* type="RolloverSummary" earliest=-30d@d | eval _time=_time - 43200 | bin _time span=1d | dedup _time stack | stats sum(stacksz) AS "stack size" by _time] | fields - _timediff  | foreach * [eval <<FIELD>>=round('<<FIELD>>'/1024/1024/1024, 3)]

In the second case, you could try something ike this:

index=*
| bin span=1d _time
| chart count OVER index BY _time

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Splunkerninja
Path Finder

The first query is not giving me any results. Even i replaced the macro with actualy query it gives zero result.

I basically want the total of daily ingest of each index over 7 days

index=_internal [ rest splunk_server=local /services/server/info | return host] source=*license_usage.log* type="Usage" | eval h=if(len(h)=0 OR isnull(h),"(SQUASHED)",h) | eval s=if(len(s)=0 OR isnull(s),"(SQUASHED)",s) | eval idx=if(len(idx)=0 OR isnull(idx),"(UNKNOWN)",idx) | bin _time span=1d | stats sum(b) as b by _time, pool, s, st, h, idx | timechart span=1d sum(b) AS volumeB by idx fixedrange=false | join type=outer _time [ search index=_internal [ rest splunk_server=local /services/server/info | return host] source=*license_usage.log* type="RolloverSummary" earliest=-30d@d | eval _time=_time - 43200 | bin _time span=1d | dedup _time stack | stats sum(stacksz) AS "stack size" by _time] | fields - _timediff | foreach * [ eval <>=round('<>'/1024/1024/1024, 3)]

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Splunkerninja ,

does the search in [Settings > License > License Consuption > last 60 days > divided by index] run?

I only copied this search.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Splunkerninja
Path Finder

@gcusello @bowesmana  We are on splunk cloud and we use workload based management for licenseing i.e SVC . So the query which you are giving is not giving aggregate daily ingest per index for last 7 days

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

so what did you try and what gave you the wrong results

This is the basic search

index=_internal source=/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/license_usage.log idx=* st=*
| stats sum(b) as bytes by idx
| eval gb=round(bytes/1024/1024/1024,3)

Run that over the time range you want

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...