Knowledge Management

How to search in an index conditioned from the summary index.

spisiakmi
Communicator

Hi. I have summary index_sum, which has 2 events, 2 attributes:

A1_sum, A2_sum
1590482539, 7722527
1591080961, 7722525

I have also index2, where a lot of time events are stored. The index time _time is important. I want to search the max(A1_sum) from index_sum and use this value to filter values from the index2.
something like this:
index2
| where _time>max(A1_sum)

can you help me, please, with this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion

I haven't tested but you can try return command like below-

index=index2  |search _time>[search index=index_sum |stats max(A1_sum) as max|return $max]

View solution in original post

Super Champion

I haven't tested but you can try return command like below-

index=index2  |search _time>[search index=index_sum |stats max(A1_sum) as max|return $max]

spisiakmi
Communicator

Hi 493669. Your answer/help is amazing. It works absolutely great. Thank you very much.

0 Karma

Super Champion

@spisiakmi I am converting my comment into answer. Please accept and upvote if it helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...