Installation

Upgrading WiredTiger on our mgmt boxes- Why are we getting there errors?

ggvaca
Explorer

Hello all,

Referring to the previous post of: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Does-kvstore-upgrade-from-8-0-to-8-2-needs-to-be-done-o...

I had tried to upgrade our kvstore to wiredtiger on our license server/cluster master and our deployer. Here are the errors: 

ggvaca_2-1656099830192.png

ggvaca_1-1656099782841.png

Am I not supposed to be upgrading them then? I was following this advice from the previous community answer I received. 

Help? I am just trying to do this upgrade correctly. The reason I was doing this is because I was getting errors on our GUI about upgrading the kvstore after I had upgraded the search heads kvstore.

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since the LM/CM and deployer are not part of a search head cluster, you should use the instructions for upgrading a standalone instance.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since the LM/CM and deployer are not part of a search head cluster, you should use the instructions for upgrading a standalone instance.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...