Upgrade to 4.2 to 4.3 help required

adityapavan18
Contributor

Hi

I have been using splunk 4.2.4. It has all my indexes and configurations
I wanted to upgrade it to 4.3 version.

For installing i made a mistake and i gave the path as

rpm -U --prefix /opt/Software/splunk splunk-4.3-115073-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

instead of rpm -U --prefix /opt/Software/ splunk-4.3-115073-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

where is /opt/Software/splunk is the SPLUNK_HOME

And now after upgrading it created /opt/Software/splunk/splunk and it is not having my configurations and indexes data in that folder. The old configurations are present in old path only.

So now i have upgraded version of splunk but it doesn't contain my indexes and configurations.

Please help me to correct it

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try backing up your old path's contents, then deleting the new installation completely, then re-upgrading with the correct path. (the backup is just for peace of mind :)).

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try backing up your old path's contents, then deleting the new installation completely, then re-upgrading with the correct path. (the backup is just for peace of mind :)).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...