Installation

License Usage

ASE
Engager

Hello!

We keep going over our license usage. We cant seem to find what is causing us to go over. we've gone over 3 times now. Any suggestion on how to find what is causing this, please?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This will show you your ingest usage by sourcetype

index=_internal source=/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/license_usage.log type=Usage 
| timechart limit=40 sum(b) as data by st

Look at the monitoring console, that will also give you information on your sourcetypes/index ingestion

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ASE
Engager

The search did not work. Looks like it is may be cause by the data index. I checked the monitoring console and did a health check. showing License warning and violations. Category showing data indexing.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This will show you your ingest usage by sourcetype

index=_internal source=/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/license_usage.log type=Usage 
| timechart limit=40 sum(b) as data by st

Look at the monitoring console, that will also give you information on your sourcetypes/index ingestion

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...