Getting Data In

splunk universal forwarder error installation on Windowa via PowerShell

lumi
Observer

Getting this error via Power Shell for the Splunk Universall installation

Error below

The term 'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable

program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

working.ps1:17 char:3

Here is how i defined my variables

$SplunkInstallationDir = "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder"

& "$SplunkInstallationDir\bin\splunk" start --accept-license --answer-yes --no-prompt

It works if i run manually only.  

Kindly assist

Labels (2)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

Hi @lumi,

Although your command should work, you might try:

$SplunkInstallationDir = "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder"
& "$($SplunkInstallationDir)\bin\splunk.exe" start --accept-license --answer-yes --no-prompt

# or

$SplunkExe = "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk.exe"
& $SplunkExe start --accept-license --answer-yes --no-prompt

To run "splunk start," the account should have Full Control permission on C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder and all subdirectories and files. Ideally, the command should be executed by the service account, assuming the forwarder is also configured to run as a service.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...