Getting Data In

Results on one value matching two AND field results

chrisschum
Path Finder

I'm trying to figure out a way to find out if an unknown user name matches two Windows Event Codes for a dashboard.

I want to search if a userID (Account_Name) matches both Event Codes 4740 and 4625, so that I can create a simple dashboard where you can input a userID and the results will only show those that match both codes above.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

dragonakai
Engager

I recommend something like this. You can manipulate it further to make the formatting pretty or easy to read. You could also attempt a transaction, but I think this will be faster. Also, you will want to mess with the span in the bin command. 5 minutes may be too small. You could make that a token for a dashboard input, like with userid.

sourcetype=wineventlog* Account_Name=$userid$ EventCode=4740 OR EventCode=4625
| bin _time span=5m
| stats values(Message) values(EventCode) AS EventCodes by _time
| eval EventCodeCount=mvcount(EventCodes)
| search EventCodeCount=2

View solution in original post

dragonakai
Engager

I recommend something like this. You can manipulate it further to make the formatting pretty or easy to read. You could also attempt a transaction, but I think this will be faster. Also, you will want to mess with the span in the bin command. 5 minutes may be too small. You could make that a token for a dashboard input, like with userid.

sourcetype=wineventlog* Account_Name=$userid$ EventCode=4740 OR EventCode=4625
| bin _time span=5m
| stats values(Message) values(EventCode) AS EventCodes by _time
| eval EventCodeCount=mvcount(EventCodes)
| search EventCodeCount=2

chrisschum
Path Finder

That worked like a champ! Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...