Getting Data In

How to transform multiple timestamps in an event

MOHITJOSHI
Engager

I have an event that prints the actual time which Splunk metadata has, but instead, I want to use the other timestamp.
Splunk time shows 8/15/18
2:12:44.000 PM which it extracts from the Verbose line but I am interested to use the ZZZ-20190802-13:18:06-0000000001-3820-0 so that my Splunk time is based on ZZZ field

VERBOSE abc 08/15/18 18:12:44 xyz
DETAILS abc123 0.594s abc: 0.336s :abc: 0.001s ZZZ-20190802-13:18:06-0000000001-3820-0

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi MOHITJOSHI,

try this in props.conf for that sourcetype:

[YourSourcetypeNameHere]
TIME_PREFIX = ZZZ-
TIME_FORMAT = %Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S-

Save this on the first full Splunk instance that receives the events and restart the instance, any new incoming events should have the second timestamp as their _time field.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi MOHITJOSHI,

try this in props.conf for that sourcetype:

[YourSourcetypeNameHere]
TIME_PREFIX = ZZZ-
TIME_FORMAT = %Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S-

Save this on the first full Splunk instance that receives the events and restart the instance, any new incoming events should have the second timestamp as their _time field.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...