Getting Data In

How to query key values and draw timechart?

pavan257

Here is the sample data.

RED: 2086
GREEN: 1579
WHITE: 159
PINK: 348
ORANGE: 0

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This should do it:

...  | rex max_match=0 field=raw "(?<lineData>[^:]+:\s*\d+)" | mvexpand lineData | rex field=lineData "(?<color>[^:]+):\s*(?<count>\d+)" | timechart span=1h sum(count) AS count BY color

This makes your X-axis interval 1 hour.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This should do it:

...  | rex max_match=0 field=raw "(?<lineData>[^:]+:\s*\d+)" | mvexpand lineData | rex field=lineData "(?<color>[^:]+):\s*(?<count>\d+)" | timechart span=1h sum(count) AS count BY color

This makes your X-axis interval 1 hour.

0 Karma

pavan257

No. this query just displaying the events but not the visualization, all these events come through a custom shell script which we made output as "sourcetype = weblogic_stdout" not sure, if that matters here.

0 Karma

pavan257

After further cleanup of y event.. this worked perfectly. Thanks Woodcock.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

After you run the search, in the UI click on the Visualization tab and create what ever visualization you need.....

pavan257

I know, but this query was not representing any timechart to visualize.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are going to have to replace ... with your base search. I tested this on your sample data: it works just fine.

0 Karma

pavan257
...  | rex max_match=0 field=_raw "(?[^:]+:\s*\d+)" | mvexpand lineData | rex field=_raw "(?[^:]+):\s*(?\d+)" | timechart span=1h sum(count) AS count BY color

with this query I am able to see only "RED", but I want to see other lines (GREEN, WHITE...) to be charted.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Is this 1 event or 5?

0 Karma

pavan257

This was one event.

0 Karma

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

does your event have a timestamp? Do all the events contain all those fields? Just those fields? more? Less?

With Splunk... the answer is always "YES!". It just might require more regex than you're prepared for!
0 Karma

pavan257

Yes, I do have time stamp and all the events will have all these fields with different values.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...