Getting Data In

Heavy forwarder do not transform

krusty
Contributor

Hi there,

I have a problem with our windows heavy forwarder.
The problem is that the forwarder should transform wmi events from a spezific host.

My props.conf and transform.conf looks like this:

props.conf

[host::*]
TRANSFORMS-events=only_error_warning

transforms.conf

[only_error_warning]
REGEX = (?mi)Type=Audit
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Do I have a problem with the config or couldn't the heavy forwarder transform the wmi event?

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

First, your props.conf is not for a specific host, but for all hosts. Or I should say "all hosts that have data collected by this forwarder."
Second, only events that have "type=audit" in the text will be eliminated.
What hosts and events appear in your Splunk indexer? What do you get if you put type=audit in the search box?

0 Karma

krusty
Contributor

Hi lguinn,

thanks for you reply.

That's right. I only want to eliminated all audit events from these forwarder. Should i use any wildcard in the regex to find all audit success or audit failure events?

At the first time i only want to eliminate all audit events from host server1. I had written the props.conf like this [host::server1] but nothing happens. So i use the wildcard to find all hosts. But this also dosen't work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...