Getting Data In

Calculate duration of two different events

rishabhpatel20
Engager

I have logs which shows the job status ( Running, succeeded and failed) and all jobs have unique job id , now I want to calculate the duration it took to get failed or succeeded for each job id. Here, all jobs id would have two event first one -running and second - succeeded or failed.  How it can be done 

Splunk.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The range function should do the job.  It computes the difference between the first and last events.

index=infra_automation sourcetype=rundeck_execution
| stats range(_time) as duration, latest(status) as last_status by job_id
| sort - job_id
| eval duration = tostring(duration,"duration")
| table job_id data time last_status duration

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The range function should do the job.  It computes the difference between the first and last events.

index=infra_automation sourcetype=rundeck_execution
| stats range(_time) as duration, latest(status) as last_status by job_id
| sort - job_id
| eval duration = tostring(duration,"duration")
| table job_id data time last_status duration

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

rishabhpatel20
Engager

Thanks a lot @richgalloway .. I was trying with other options like appendcol etc but did not go through the basic one range.. 

Thank you !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...