Actions Menu Export Results TitleBar module

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

I have a Titlebar module in my form with the following code:

<module name="TitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader">
         <param name="actionsMenuFilter">dashboard</param>
     </module>

When I carry out a search in my form and click on the Actions dropdown menu, the 'Export Results...' option is not displayed.

How can I get this option to be displayed in my form after a search is carried out?

Furthermore,

When I commented the following line of code as shown below and executed a form search:

<module name="TitleBar" layoutPanel="viewHeader">
        <!-- <param name="actionsMenuFilter">dashboard</param> -->
     </module>

the following was shown when I clicked on the Actions menu. 'Export Results...' cannot be selected:

alt text

How can I change that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gooza
Communicator

gooza
Communicator

Oops, sorry , my answer is relevant if you want to show the export result feature alone .

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Hi Thanks for your help. I have an 'Export...' button now which is great. However, after I do a form search and the results table is complete, when I click on this Export button, I get a message which says, "You haven't run a search yet. Run one first". What can I do to get this export button working?

0 Karma

gooza
Communicator

Check out : http://answers.splunk.com/questions/925/in-the-titlebar-module-is-it-possible-to-limit-the-list-of-a...

it's a great workaround creating a button for export results .

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...