Deployment Architecture

Where the logs for runtime search errors and search response times are stored?

mngeow
Engager

Hi,

I am still relatively new to Splunk. I'm trying to analyze the splunk internal logs. I am currently trying to find the logs for the following:

1. Runtime Search Errors
  2. Search Response Time

For runtime search errors, I really have no idea where the logs are stored.

I do have some idea on where the search response times can be found. I have looked in the splunk_access and splunk_web_access and found the response times. But I am not sure of the difference between the two.

I am also trying to understand the syntax of the logs as well, would be helpful if you could shed some light on that as well.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/Troubleshooting/AboutAccessLogs

it looks like the duration for both the splunk_web_access and splunkd_access logs are the same, but web_access offers new components starting in 6.2.0.

you can look through the _audit and _internal indexes for user search history. I use the _internal index to look if scheduled searches had errors, if that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.0/Troubleshooting/AboutAccessLogs

it looks like the duration for both the splunk_web_access and splunkd_access logs are the same, but web_access offers new components starting in 6.2.0.

you can look through the _audit and _internal indexes for user search history. I use the _internal index to look if scheduled searches had errors, if that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...