Deployment Architecture

Daily throughput of a particular index

Michael_Schyma1
Contributor

I am wondering how i would search the daily throughput of a specific index? Here is the search that I am trying to modify that looks at all the data indexed in prod and test enviornment, now how would i just look at index=desktop?

Index=desktop

index=_internal source=*license_usage* type=Usage | eval GB=b/1024/1024/1024  | bucket _time span=1d | stats sum(GB) AS volume by _time pool |rename _time AS Date/Time pool AS Pool volume AS Volume(GB)| convert timeformat="%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S %p" ctime(Date/Time)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look at this link below in your environment and you'll see amount of data per index and you can choose the timeframe.

http://:8000/en-US/app/search/indexing_volume

Also, it is recommended to have the Splunk on Splunk App installed to monitor the health of your Splunk environment and you'll see some additional licensing volume views in there as well. I think the one above should give you what you are looking for though.

View solution in original post

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Look at this link below in your environment and you'll see amount of data per index and you can choose the timeframe.

http://:8000/en-US/app/search/indexing_volume

Also, it is recommended to have the Splunk on Splunk App installed to monitor the health of your Splunk environment and you'll see some additional licensing volume views in there as well. I think the one above should give you what you are looking for though.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...