Deployment Architecture

DMC: Search heads shown as heavy forwarders?

cdoebert
Path Finder

I'm in a setup with a license/deployment server, three clustered search heads and a deployer, and three non-clustered indexers.

Per the documentation on setting up the DMC, I'm setting it up on the deployer. It picked up the indexers, but I can't get it to pick up my search heads and I'm not sure why. When I turn on forwarder monitoring, my search heads show up as heavy forwarders.

How do I get the search heads to show up in the DMC?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cdoebert
Path Finder

This is fixed in an extremely odd way. I had to edit the server roles for the license/deployment server (even though it picked them up automatically) so I could get the error for a deployment server to have another role and accept it, and then all the servers that weren't indexers graduated from "New" to "Configured".

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cdoebert
Path Finder

This is fixed in an extremely odd way. I had to edit the server roles for the license/deployment server (even though it picked them up automatically) so I could get the error for a deployment server to have another role and accept it, and then all the servers that weren't indexers graduated from "New" to "Configured".

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Add those as search peers.

Try this

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.3/DMC/Addinstancesassearchpeers

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

cdoebert
Path Finder

I followed that and added the entire environment, and everything shows up in the general setup tab, but I still see only the indexers in the overview and none of the other tabs (aside from indexing) work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...