Dashboards & Visualizations

timerange for the history command

paulathome
Path Finder

I've noticed that running the "| history" command will return different results based on the setting of the timerangepicker. So my question is how can I define the earliest and latest values within the search bar, or in a dashboard panel's query?

| history earliest=-24h                 does not work
earliest=-24h | history                 does not work

and I'm fairly confident that anything downstream from the history command won't be able to influence how many results were delivered initially by the history command.

0 Karma
1 Solution

paulathome
Path Finder

I was using this in a dashboard panel to nicely display the last few searches that a user performed and I was able to set the earliest and latest in the Search module. Couple that with a Pager, Table, HTML and a redirector module I was all set.

Thanks Sideview Utils,
Paul

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You would not be able to add earliest or latest value in a query (within search bar or a dashboard query) involving '|history'. The only option is the use timerangepicker (from searchbar) or from param "earliest" or latest within dashboard xml.

paulathome
Path Finder

I was using this in a dashboard panel to nicely display the last few searches that a user performed and I was able to set the earliest and latest in the Search module. Couple that with a Pager, Table, HTML and a redirector module I was all set.

Thanks Sideview Utils,
Paul

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...