Dashboards & Visualizations

What is the syntax for applying a heat map overlay to a results table panel in simple xml?

Glenn
Builder

The heat map being the function that highlights outstanding values in a results table, accessible via the "Overlay" drop down on the report builder, and documented for the advanced xml here: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.3/Developer/ModuleReference#DataOverlay

Is there a way to apply this to table panels in simple xml?

A way to configure the heat map so you can tune what is considered serious (red) and not (white) would also be useful.

0 Karma
1 Solution

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As you state in the docs you can only use: count, displayRowNumbers and showPager options in the simple dashboard XML. For example... 25 true etc... So, I converted my dashboard view to advanced view (append ?showsource=1 at end of URL) Then added heatmap to my advanced XML ... heatmap ... As a work around for now.

View solution in original post

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As you state in the docs you can only use: count, displayRowNumbers and showPager options in the simple dashboard XML. For example... 25 true etc... So, I converted my dashboard view to advanced view (append ?showsource=1 at end of URL) Then added heatmap to my advanced XML ... heatmap ... As a work around for now.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...