Dashboards & Visualizations

Passing Values from a Column whose Name Contains Spaces

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

In Dashboard Studio, I want to set the value of my token to only the values clicked of a specific column by using row.<fieldname>.value. But in my case, my customers don't like seeing column names like CustomerAddress or CustomerPhone, rather "Customer Address" or "Customer Phone". How can I pass these values as tokens in my dashboards since column names will contain spaces? I've tried double quotes, single quotes, escaping ,and URL encoding.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried without quotes (as the value is quoted anyway in the source).

If this doesn't work, please share your source code in a code block </> so we can see what you have tried.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try setting your token to value2 not row.<fieldname>.value

0 Karma

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

No dice, didn't work 🙂 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried without quotes (as the value is quoted anyway in the source).

If this doesn't work, please share your source code in a code block </> so we can see what you have tried.

0 Karma

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

Wow. This is why I didn't find answers to this on the internet, it worked with the spaces 🙄

row.Customer Address.value. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...