Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there any easy way to keep the colors for the same SQL statements/hashes between the two panels?

damucka
Builder

Hello,

We have several cases, where we relate the data between panels. On the example screenshots below, we have:

1/ Chart with the number of database threads in time, and the sum of threads per time unit involved in the execution of the particular SQL statement (SQL hash) - represented by the different colors: 

damucka_0-1647866824639.png

2/ Pie chart showing the portion of the particular SQL statement / hash in the given time span:

damucka_1-1647866847390.png

Is there any easy way to keep the colors for the same SQL statements/hashes between the two panels?

Kind Regards, Kamil

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apply some sort of sort so that the series (names) are in the same order.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

damucka
Builder

Unfortunately even after sorting both the same order, see the screenshot below, the colors assigned to both panels are different:

damucka_0-1647870229728.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's because they aren't sorted in the same order (you can see that from the legends) - how have you done the sorting?

0 Karma

damucka
Builder

You are right of course.

I managed to match it, but now the issue is, that the stacked column chart displays like 9 different SQL hashes + others and the pie chart way more of them + others. The not quite nice consequence is, that the color for "others" does not match.

Would you know a chart option for both, stacked column and pie chart to restrict the number of displayed values say to 7 + "others"?

I could not find it in the visualization options, so I guess this is some more advanced parameter I would use in the xml.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Probably the way to do this is to implement the "other" stat as part of the SPL, that way you have control - so long as it was under the number of series supported by the pie chart.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apply some sort of sort so that the series (names) are in the same order.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...