Dashboards & Visualizations

Internal server error 500 on system/licensing- How to resolve?

kamihi
Engager

hi everyone! My Splunk is working correctly, but when I go to System -> Licensing the error 500 appears. On web_service.log

2023-04-26 19:10:48,078 ERROR   [644922d7bf7f21240ca510] __init__:370 - Mako failed to render:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 366, in render_template
    return templateInstance.render(**template_args)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/template.py", line 476, in render
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 883, in _render
    **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 920, in _render_context
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 947, in _exec_template
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 15, in render_body
    <%self:render/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 21, in render_render
    <%self:pagedoc/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/base.html", line 95, in render_pagedoc
    <%next:body/>
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/layout/admin_lite.html", line 92, in render_body
    ${next.body()}
  File "/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/templates/licensing/overview.html", line 209, in render_body
    % if hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota'] is not None and hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota']['count'] is not None and hard_messages['cle_pool_over_quota']['count'] >= stack_table[0]['max_violations']:
KeyError: 'cle_pool_over_quota'

Do you have any ideas to troubleshoot this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

rabbidroid
Path Finder

Do you maybe have a lot of license messages? I've seen that triggering this issue.

0 Karma

jp2

Did you manage to solve this, seeing the same error on 9.1.1 while trying to investigate a license violation using a Developer License.

0 Karma

tiboryan
Observer

The same issue here with 9.0.5 as well.  (after upgrade)

0 Karma

dantimola
Communicator

I'm having the same error in version 9.0.4. Did you find a fix for this? 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kamihi - Have you made any changes from the backend that could probably have broken this?

If no, you can probably contact Splunk Support to get help!!!

I hope this helps!!! Upvote is appreciated!!!

0 Karma

kamihi
Engager

no, nothing. My Splunk version is 9.0 . I really want to find the problem. Do you have any other ideas? 

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@kamihi - Splunk support is the best bet in this situation then.

I hope this helps!!! Upvote is appreciated!!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...