Dashboards & Visualizations

How to break up groups of <input> elements onto their own lines?

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a group of 'filters' in a dashboard that I can add to or remove from. A filter comprises 3 fields

• Dropdown containing field names
  • Selector indicating comparison type
  • Data containing value

I want a SINGLE panel where these 3 fields are displayed horizontally - simple

I'm looking for CSS to solve this particular problem:

I want to be able to add a new filter set on a separate line below the first one, in the same panel, not on a new row. This is the single group, but I want to have other groups of inputs that are conditionally show using token depends.

Normally inputs will travel horizontally across the screen, so the 4th input would then be to the rights of the data_f_1 field below. How can I get the CSS to force any input with id of f_* to break to a new line, so it's left aligned in the panel?

<row id="filter_selector_row_1" depends="$f_1$">
    <panel>
      <input id="f_1" depends="$f_1$" type="dropdown" token="field_f_1" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>Field</label>
        <fieldForLabel>label_name</fieldForLabel>
        <fieldForValue>field_name</fieldForValue>
        <search base="object_list">
          <query></query>
        </search>
        <change>
          <eval token="filter_1">$field_f_1$$selector_f_1$"*$data_f_1$*"</eval>
        </change>
      </input>
      <input depends="$f_1$" type="dropdown" token="selector_f_1" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>Selector</label>
        <choice value="=">Equals</choice>
        <choice value="!=">Not Equals</choice>
        <initialValue>=</initialValue>
        <change>
          <eval token="filter_1">$field_f_1$$selector_f_1$"*$data_f_1$*"</eval>
        </change>
      </input>
      <input depends="$f_1$" type="text" token="data_f_1" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label>Data</label>
        <change>
          <set token="filter_1">$field_f_1$$selector_f_1$"*$data_f_1$*"</set>
        </change>
      </input>
    </panel>
  </row>

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...