Dashboards & Visualizations

Extended Dashboard

Christian
Path Finder

hi @all

i've got files like this:

2011-03-20 20:36:12 server=sxxxxx env=DEV os=LINUX stateDiskPath=0 stateRouting=1 stateBackup=1 statePuppet=1 stateTotal=1

First: I don't know how I can change the host-field to servername

Second: Can I create an extended Dashboard like:

Server1 Env OS  state1  state2  state3  state4  stateTotal

The states should be like green and red bubbles.

Is this possible and how can I do this? I'm new in splunk and havn't an idea if this is possible or not.

Thanks for replay!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hazekamp
Builder

You can change the host field at index time with a "TRANSFORMS" property:

## props.conf
[mysourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-force_host_for_mysourcetype = force_host_for_mysourcetype

## transforms.conf
[force_host_for_mysourcetype]
DEST_KEY = MetaData:Host
REGEX = \d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\s+\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}\s+server=(\S+)
FORMAT = host::$1

You can create a dashboard using the following search. The dashboard creation itself can be a bit tricky. We may have to incorporate the "rangemap" search command and map 0=low 1=severe.

sourcetype=mysourcetype | stats last(state1) as state1, last(state2) as state2, last(state3) as state3, last(state4) as state4 by server, env, os | addtotals fieldname=stateTotal

View solution in original post

hazekamp
Builder

You can change the host field at index time with a "TRANSFORMS" property:

## props.conf
[mysourcetype]
TRANSFORMS-force_host_for_mysourcetype = force_host_for_mysourcetype

## transforms.conf
[force_host_for_mysourcetype]
DEST_KEY = MetaData:Host
REGEX = \d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\s+\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}\s+server=(\S+)
FORMAT = host::$1

You can create a dashboard using the following search. The dashboard creation itself can be a bit tricky. We may have to incorporate the "rangemap" search command and map 0=low 1=severe.

sourcetype=mysourcetype | stats last(state1) as state1, last(state2) as state2, last(state3) as state3, last(state4) as state4 by server, env, os | addtotals fieldname=stateTotal

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...