Dashboards & Visualizations

Any other way to compare between the same variable?

ViniciusMariano
Explorer

Hey Guys,

I have a problem: I have two time fields because one of the type source is json file and there is another script running, but now I have to mix both, so I created this eval:

| eval _time=if(match(source, "[(\S).json]\w+"), strptime(time, "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S.%f"), _time)

but when I search I just receive the .json file search, so Is there any other way to "join"?, or at least the "if" statement ignore and just modify the json source?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The regex used in the match function appears to match more than is intended.  Because of the dot with the square brackets, the expression will match anything.  Try this command:

| eval _time=if(match(source, "\S\.json\w"), strptime(time, "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S.%f"), _time)

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...