Dashboards & Visualizations

Add/Subtract from timestamp entered in a form.

itghelp
Path Finder

I have a form that takes 2 timestamps in UTC. I need to convert them to local time and then add or subtract an hour. So far I've tried:

host="juniper" port="$port$" src_translated_ip="$ip$"
timeformat="%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%"
earliest="$first$"
latest="$last$"

This correctly converts the UTC to local time, but I can't figure out how to add or subtract an hour to "$first$" and "$last$" before passing them to earliest and also making sure they get converted.

This was my attempt, but the timestamps are way off:

host="juniper" port="$port$" src_translated_ip="$ip$" timeformat="%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z" |
eval earliest=relative_time("$first$", "-1h") |
eval latest=relative_time("$last$", "+1h")

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

itghelp
Path Finder

Turns out it wasn't so complicated:

ost="juniper" port="$port$" src_translated_ip="$ip$" timeformat="%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z" earliest="$first$-2h" latest="$last$+2h"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

itghelp
Path Finder

Turns out it wasn't so complicated:

ost="juniper" port="$port$" src_translated_ip="$ip$" timeformat="%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%3N%Z" earliest="$first$-2h" latest="$last$+2h"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...