All Apps and Add-ons

Webhook data not being indexed but receiving connections

jpolcari
Communicator

Having some trouble getting webhook data into Splunk. I've configured the webhook input with a certificate and it is successfully receiving connections but the only data that is being indexed is (I have many of these events):

path=/adyen full_path=/adyen query="" command=POST client_address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx client_port=51926

For reference, this is what i'm currently trying to ingest: https://docs.adyen.com/developers/notifications/set-up-notifications

I don't see any type of errors within the log file. Anything advice to help troubleshoot?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jpolcari
Communicator

Ended up solving my own question. The content-type that was being sent included the charset (content-type="application/json; charset=utf-8"). After making a minor change to webhook.py to check for application/json* my events started coming in.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is a bug. I'm going to fix this in a new release. I have this planned for version 1.2.2 (see bug report 2335).

0 Karma

jpolcari
Communicator

Ended up solving my own question. The content-type that was being sent included the charset (content-type="application/json; charset=utf-8"). After making a minor change to webhook.py to check for application/json* my events started coming in.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...