All Apps and Add-ons

S.o.S landing page not showing up to date information for Splunk instances

paulstark
Path Finder

How can i update the server information displayed on the S.o.S landing page under "A glimpse of your Splunk instance"? Additional hardware was added after the initial install.

1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are two ways to do this:

• Wait ~ 24h for the "sos_splunk_instances_info" scheduled search to regenerate the "splunk_instances_info" lookup table which holds this information.

-- OR --

• Force the regeneration of that lookup table by calling that saved search from the flashtimeline in the context of the S.o.S app, like so:

| savedsearch sos_splunk_instances_info

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are two ways to do this:

• Wait ~ 24h for the "sos_splunk_instances_info" scheduled search to regenerate the "splunk_instances_info" lookup table which holds this information.

-- OR --

• Force the regeneration of that lookup table by calling that saved search from the flashtimeline in the context of the S.o.S app, like so:

| savedsearch sos_splunk_instances_info

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...