All Apps and Add-ons

Remove listing of an app from the Management App list

gekoner
Communicator

I have a duplicate listing of an APP in my Manager >> Apps
When I try to modify, or disable the App I want to remove I get the following error:
Error occurred attempting to disable SplunkforF5: In handler 'localapps': Cannot update application info: Cannot disable application: SplunkforF5: Could not find writer for: /nobody/SplunkforF5/app/install/state [0] [C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc].

I have already checked the /etc/apps directory for this App and it was removed long ago. There is a similar folder, as the new F5 App was download and installed. But now I have two listings in my Manager >> Apps list and it is confusing. How do I remove this void entry from my listed Apps?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gekoner
Communicator

I think my issue was isolated. We upgraded to 4.2 and it no longer displays. I'm guessing this was a bug in 4.1.6

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

I think my issue was isolated. We upgraded to 4.2 and it no longer displays. I'm guessing this was a bug in 4.1.6

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

0 Karma

ewoo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Search for directories that match the globbing pattern:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/*/SplunkforF5

If you find any, delete them, and restart splunkd.

gekoner
Communicator

gnovak, Thanks! I think my issue is I installed the App twice. I did a search for "SplunkforF5" and returned no results, but I did get results for "Splunkforf5".
Notice the small "f".

The interesting thing is it doesn't display in any of my menus, or the App drop-down list from the main search page. It only displays in the /manager/search/apps/local page, which is the Manage Apps... menu.
It is just annoying at this point.

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

davecroto, Thank you for your answer... this was tried long ago. I think I'm having an issue different than the standard "removing your app".
I was thinking this would be in some conf or xml file somewhere. Still searching.

0 Karma

gnovak
Builder

NM...i did a find and found a few last minute traces of it. Hey try a find and see if you can get anything. Do a search from your home directory for like "find ./ -name "SplunkforF5" and see if you notice anything out of place or weird.

gnovak
Builder

I am also having this problem. I completely removed an app and it's gone everywhere else except the management list. I did a ./splunk restart and it still did not remove it.

0 Karma

davecroto
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Bounce Splunkd.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...