All Apps and Add-ons

How can I populate the Proactive Monitoring Dashboard in "Splunk App for VMware"

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,

I am trying to implement the hierarchical tree mapping dashboard similar to the one in Proactive Monitoring dashboard of App : Splunk App for VMWare

alt text

Problem is I don't have any Vmware performance data to populate this graph, also unable to find any sample logs online. If possible, can anybody share the link where I can find this sample data. (I will use the sample to generate more events using EventGen)

Moreover I am trying to tweak the JavaScript file which includes searches, but the file is huge and will take time for me to understand. Although I am trying for it, it would be great if I can get some sample data or suggest some other way to implement the same.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

harshal_chakran
Builder

Finally able to load the dashboard.
I found the sample CSV's in "samples" folder of Splunk Add-On for Vmware (I regret not checking it first).
These CSV files includes the column for - index, source, host, sourcetype and raw ,which needs to be used while uploading.

At first, I uploaded a single file, only to see that the source column became "extracted_source" and host became "extracted_host" in interesting fields.

But I am able to resolve this using Field Alias setting, mentioning the "extracted_source" as source and "extracted_host" as host and raw as _raw for each sourcetype ,before CSV file upload.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

Finally able to load the dashboard.
I found the sample CSV's in "samples" folder of Splunk Add-On for Vmware (I regret not checking it first).
These CSV files includes the column for - index, source, host, sourcetype and raw ,which needs to be used while uploading.

At first, I uploaded a single file, only to see that the source column became "extracted_source" and host became "extracted_host" in interesting fields.

But I am able to resolve this using Field Alias setting, mentioning the "extracted_source" as source and "extracted_host" as host and raw as _raw for each sourcetype ,before CSV file upload.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...