Getting Data In

Role or User Specific Web Session Timeout

yh
Explorer

Hi all,

I have read through the splunk documentation for session timeout here, but these seems to be for splunk overall.
Configure user session timeouts - Splunk Documentation

However I am not able to make the user timeout to be user or role specific. Is there any solution for that?

I read in one of the posts previously that someone is able to perform such role-specific wise which also works for me if it can be done:
Session timeout for a Single username (not group) ... - Splunk Community
However there wasn't much information on how he/she was able to do so.

The main intent for me is to set admin users / normal users the usual timeout eg 1 hour, and dashboard accounts to not be logged out on the other hand.

Any possible advice, as it seems to be doable.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

yh
Explorer

Further updates, the JS in the previous thread works so long as I leave the browser on that particular dashboard, tested it running for few days and no log outs occured.

Anyway, hoping there could be a more direct way to set the settings for the group or user though.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if you are talking about session timeout (how long it takes before splunk logout idle user) then it's a global system wide setting. But as @richgalloway thinking @JY1 are probably talking about some other time out parameter.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

yh
Explorer

Thanks, I did try the method here, but it doesn't seem effective.

Solved: User-specific browser session timeout? - Splunk Community

Are there other ways, regardless of which timeout settings I can use to ensure my particular dashboard user does not logged out?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...