Getting Data In

Issue with monitoring logs

Sambaing
Observer

Hey Guys,

I have a node js application and I used Winston to print out the log for our application. Ex(logger.info({responseStatus:200}). I am not using a log file and just simply printing out the log. I am not quite sure what's causing the issue here. The log event is working fine in other environments and displaying in the separate event log, so I can keep track of the event field name. But in the production environment, my logs are mixed with console.log and treated as one event instead. It looks something like this right here. (Just an example, but looks similar).

Sambaing_0-1702796946184.png

I am new to Splunk Enterprise, and I am not quite sure where my configuration file is located. It's ok if there's no solution, but I would like to hear some advice from the expert from Splunk, on what may be causing this happening.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello @Sambaing how to index these logs? Maybe your "source" field is not correctly defined.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution if it solved *
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...