Splunk Search

unable to find lookup file created

anikeshp7
Path Finder

I created a lookup csv file and when I try to search it in lookups I dont see the file.

Its not allowing me to create with same name as there's already one exist.

Any help why I am not able to see the file please.

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

anikeshp7
Path Finder

Hi @richgalloway I tried searching in all apps as well. This is happening everytime I create a lookup file I cant find it but it exists.

Is there something with version as well ? When splunk is loaded it shows version 7.3 but when I search for any lookup files the directory of lookups belongs to version 6.2

Shall I change the version somewhere ? How should I do it

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Interesting.  Much more needs to be said about this.  Where are you seeing the current Splunk version?  Where are you seeing "6.2"?  Lookup file directories normally do not contain version numbers so you seem to have an unusual installation.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps the file inadvertently was saved in the wrong app.  Try changing the App dropdown to "All".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...