Splunk Search

splunk dashboard

Siddharthnegi
Communicator

I want to show  a custom message when the panel shows count=0 , which means search is not giving any results but in future might give.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Siddharthnegi ,

as I said in my answers to you previous question, if you install the Splunk Dashboard Example app ( https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603 ), you'll find the example "Null Search Swapper, that describes how to replace a panel with a message when no results, that's exacly the feature you need.

In the example there's the code to use in the dashboard, that you need only to customize for your searches and panels.

What's the issue?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use this type of technique, so you set a token if there are results and the panel showing the table will display (depends=) and the panel showing the message will not display (rejects=)

<table depends="$has_results$">
  <search>
    <query>
Your search
    </query>
  </search>
  <done>
    eval token="has_results">if($job.resultCount$&gt;0, 1, null())</eval>
  </done>
</table>
<html rejects="$has_results$">
  <h1>There are no results</h1>
</html>

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...